Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
M&M is engaged in multiple projects Our projects range in scope and complexity from new concentrator plants with a nominal processing capacity of around 95 ktpd, with its associated infrastructure and auxiliary facilities to new over 150 ktpd concentrators with desalination plants, water, copper concentrate pipeline, and port facilities.
Typically, the scope consists of the detailed engineering, procurement, and construction of the Concentrator Plant from the primary crusher station, stockpiling of coarse ore to the filtration of copper concentrates, and discharge of thickened tailings to a Tailings Storage Facility. Typical facilities include primary crushing, coarse ore storage, in-plant conveying systems crushing with SAG / HPGR and secondary ball milling, bulk flotation, concentrate regrind and flotation cleaner stages, bulk and copper concentrate thickening and filtration, and tailings thickening.
If you are a dynamic, “hands-on”, self-motivated individual who is interested in being part of our exciting and expanding Bechtel M&M team in the Americas, then this opportunity could be for you. Bechtel is an innovative organization looking for people who want to challenge the norm in how we engineer and execute projects. Good communication and client interfacing skills is a pre-requisite for the right candidate.
Experience in the study management of copper and gold mineral processing plants is a prerequisite. Experience in complex processing plant studies will be an advantage. Please note this is a mining industry-specific appointment and experience in the mining industry is a pre-requisite. Bechtel, as an organization, is always driven to achieve excellence in the execution of projects, and for this role, you will be expected to have had experience on construction sites in remote locations; and have proven experience as a delivery project manager is a significant advantage.
You Will Be Responsible To
Essential Job Duties:
- Collaborate and assist in Business Development, Legal and Functions (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Quality, Risk and ES&H) on winning studies and projects. Specific responsibilities and/or activities are, but not limited to:
- Support value proposition development for study and project opportunities.
- Develop or support technical proposals, including, but not limited to preliminary Study and/or Project Execution Plan, if required.
- Support Estimate/Proposal Review Process and pricing strategies
- Support communications and presentations to Customers.
- Study to Execution Phase Conversion Strategy Development and Implementation
- Have overall accountability for the management, coordination, and administration of concept, pre-feasibility, and feasibility studies ensuring their delivery according to contract, budget, schedule, standards of quality, ES&H, risk, and sustainability requirements as well as to Customer and Bechtel performance expectations.
- Ensures integration of work plans of multiple execution units or entities, such as joint ventures, sub-consultants, and vendors.
- Promotes the use of constructability reviews, best practices, and lessons learned during study/project execution.
- Provide leadership for the development and maintenance of a high-performance study or project team with an integrated organizational structure, including off-project functional and specialist support.
- Supervise the development of budgets and schedules, manage performance, reports progress, and initiate action to assure study/project objectives and schedules are met, and work is performed within budget and according to specifications.
- Resolve problems and coordinates the successful final turnover of the study or project to the Customer.
- Manage change and provide early notifications of any contractual deviation to Bechtel management and Customer.
- Monitor and assist on study deliverables compliance with quality control & assurance and applicable internal & external procedures.
- Acts as the principal contact for the study/project scope of work with Customers and Bechtel management throughout the duration of the study/project.
- Continuous interface and coordination with Customers to maintain knowledge of requirements and systems.
- Maintains management level relationships with other participating entities (suppliers, subcontractors) responsible for performing services in connection with the study or project, including joint venture, alliance or consortium participants, multiple execution offices/sites and with appropriate organizations in the community.
- Develop and maintain Customer relationships to lead to further studies and/or execution phase opportunities.
Job Knowledge Requirements
- Bilingual: Spanish and English - required (oral and written).
- Degree: A recognized degree in Civil Engineering (Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial), Civil Construction or Commercial/Business Engineering, from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge of cross-functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Engineering, Project Controls, Supply Chain, Construction, Quality, ES&H, Risk, and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings.
- Oral, written, and graphic communication and presentation skills.
- All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
- Reports to and receives technical and functional guidance from the Manager of Study, Operations Manager, or Manager of Operations.
- Provides direction to direct study/project reports.
- Could provide direction to other Studies Managers.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to [email protected] or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.