Solar Photovoltaics Senior Project Manager
ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 300 highly specialized engineers and technicians based in Belgium, Latin America and Middle East, the company is active on the whole electricity value chain and backs a large set of customers in the fields of generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use, with a particular focus upon the energy transition and the 3 D’s – decentralization, decarbonization and digitalization.
We are looking for a Solar Photovoltaics Senior Project Manager with a hands-on entrepreneurial personality.
- You will prepare, plan, manage and implement pilot/demonstration and service projects to introduce/implement innovative solar photovoltaics technologies and solutions in the Latin American market.
- You are driven by creating customer value through innovative solutions.
- You understand how to translate current and future customer requirements into technical solutions and development needs.
- You build further on existing solutions and products and improve them, or you propose new solutions and develop prototypes or pilots in collaboration with colleagues, clients, partners and subcontractors.
- You propose modifications in our innovation and research strategy.
As a Solar Photovoltaics Project Manager, you will have the following main responsibilities:
- Prepare, plan, manage and implement, R&D projects, pilot/demonstration and service projects at ENGIE sties and client’s sites.
- Write technical specifications, research and commercial project proposals by collecting and consolidating inputs from colleagues, clients, partners, etc.
- Manage the execution of innovation projects, including steering of subcontractors
- Pursue an interdisciplinary approach to contribute to the success and visibility of these projects
- Contribute to the technical development of our market solutions and products
- Contribute to the identification and set-up of commercial collaborations with new clients and partners in function of regional market requirements.
- Lead ad-hoc project teams.
- Act as a coach for the experts involved in the project realization and contribute technically to the execution of these projects
- Effectively communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Drive Laborelec’s solar business
- You have a degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering. A specialization or PhD in inverters, batteries or Photovoltaics is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experiences in solar photovoltaics project development (over 1 MW), solar photovoltaics O&M and/or realisation involving innovative photovoltaics technologies and solutions.
- Any experience in other electricity generation technologies and energy storage is a relevant plus.
- Experience with on-site problem solving and measurement campaigns on photovoltaic assets.
- Experience with photovoltaic performance monitoring, data-analytics, asset performance dashboards and pre-diagnostics tools such as thermographic inspection and IV-curve measurements.
- Experience with SCADA systems, data-logging, communication protocols, user-interfaces, digital tools for photovoltaic asset management and/or experience with inverter-based technologies.
- Independent judgment skills & action orientation for obtaining required results.
- Excellent oral and written English and Spanish communication skills - fluent both in general and subject-matter related technical vocabulary.
- You are accurate, diplomatic, and you have an eye for details.
- Willingness to travel - about 50%.
- You are a team player, excited to join a world-class team.
- People skills
- Project management skills
- Communication skills
- You have very good knowledge of the technical components, design considerations, electrical system and integration aspects, performance and O&M tools and monitoring systems of large-scale photovoltaic power plants.
- You have knowledge of the photovoltaics components supplier landscape and technology trends in mechanical and electrical components
- You have knowledge of the photovoltaic O&M suppliers’ landscape
- a competitive salary, supplemented by numerous benefits
- a wide range of training and development opportunities
- a healthy work/life balance, and
- an exciting career in a leading competence centre, with prospects within the ENGIE group, the international energy player of which Laborelec is a part.
Your HR contact person: Damien Colmant – firstname.lastname@example.org
Workplace: ENGIE Laborelec Latin America - Santiago de Chile – Las Condes