Senior Purchasing Specialist
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what costumers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is seeking a Senior Purchasing Specialist for the Mining & Metals team, based in Chile. Position will be responsible for performing duties in the purchasing, including bidder prequalification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, negotiation and commitment of purchase orders. Performs administration of purchase orders following commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications, or supplementary commercial conditions. Develops and monitors purchasing master pro-forma documents for both domestic and international projects. Participates in the planning, work hour calculations and budgeting as it relates to project purchasing activities.
The Senior Purchasing Specialist is principally responsible for:
- Develops and prepares project master purchases pro-forma forms, including legal and commercial terms and conditions to be included in purchase documents on project commitments. Reviews prime contract terminology and transfers applicable legal and commercial terms into the pro-forma documents.
- Reviews and develops other commercial and technical data prepared by Engineering, Construction, Finance, Traffic & Logistics, Insurance, Tax and other procurement functional groups and inputs suitable terminology into pro-forma documents.
- Participates in the development of project purchasing procedures.
- Prepares, maintains and monitors project bidders lists, ensuring input is received from all procurement functions and other operational groups.
- Participates in the planning, work hour calculations, budgeting and other related activities in projecting purchasing staffing requirements for projects.
- Reviews international project commercial conditions of purchasing to ensure purchasing pro-forma terms, conditions and procedures are compatible with applicable Bechtel Directives, Instructions and Procurement Procedures.
- Forms, issues, and administers purchase orders. Communicates with suppliers to achieve required service and meet project needs. Communicates with Engineering to assist and/or guide them in the preparation of material requisitions. Prepares and organizes assigned Procurement sponsored meetings.
- Directs negotiations in the commitment of purchases, following review and approval of the proposed negotiating plan by the designated supervisor.
- Provides training and guidance to other purchasing personnel regarding all aspects of formation and administration of purchasing forms, procedures, and buying goods.
- Assists project Procurement team when instructed in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplemental commercial conditions.
Qualifications and Skills
The Senior Purchasing Specialist shall be knowledgeable and/or experienced in:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or commercial discipline, OR Extensive experience in Purchasing process in mining industry projects.
- Proficiency and experience in the formation and administration of purchase orders.
- Proficiency in all phases of procurement including knowledge of and skill in communicating effectively with suppliers, bidder prequalification, preparation of bidders lists, compilation of bid requests, knowledge of Uniform Commercial Code or applicable commercial legislation, negotiation of contracted terms and conditions, and award of commitments.
- Proficiency in the administration of commitments, monitoring supplier performance, backcharge procedures, and the resolution of claims and disputes.
- Skilled in working with, and communicating effectively both orally and in writing with other project functional groups, primarily Engineering, Construction, Project Management and other services.
- Knowledge of international commercial conditions of buying as well as international suppliers.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to [email protected] or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a [email protected] para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.