Descripción del Puesto
Reuters is seeking an experienced reporter with a proven track record of breaking news to be its senior correspondent in Chile. The position, based in Santiago, involves leading our team of reporters in the Chilean capital and working with colleagues in Argentina and Peru to help cover the dynamic Southern Cone region of six Spanish-speaking nations at the tip of South America. The successful candidate will have strong news judgement and the ability to deputize for regional bureau chief of the Southern Cone. We are seeking someone with enthusiasm for developing sources and a flair for writing, who can turn their hand to everything from Chile’s tumultuous politics to its Covid-19 vaccination programs, labor contracts in the vital copper sector and the impact of environmental change on the Andes and the glaciers of Patagonia.
The Senior Correspondent, Chile should have the attention to detail and speed to cover fast-paced breaking stories – and the ability to deliver insightful big-picture stories, explaining complex topics to readers around the world.
As our Senior Correspondent, Chile, you will:
- Have the writing and reporting ability to deliver deeper take-outs swiftly and cope with fast-paced breaking news
- Develop sources to break news on every area of the file
- Have the ability to elevate copy from stringers and mentor more junior members of the team
- Work closely with visuals colleagues in identifying and delivering strong multimedia stories
The preferred candidate to be our Senior Correspondent, Chile will have:
- At least 5 years in journalism
- Fluent Spanish and outstanding written English
- Experience in covering business and economics
- The enthusiasm, drive and ability to think outside the box
- The skills to produce deeply reported, impactful enterprise journalism that illuminates complex topics
- The capacity to lead a team
What’s In It For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.