Senior Backend Software Engineer - Microsoft Gamin
Join us in the Gaming Ecosystem Organization (GEO) and be part of our mission to empower game creators to realize their dreams by delivering the world’s best tools and services from Xbox to Azure. We are looking for people who are energized by innovating the tools that support every stage in a game’s life cycle. As game creators evolve to deliver their titles as Games-as-a-Service, we are supercharging our developer tools to support accelerated production environments, agile back-end infrastructure, and live ops services.
Microsoft is uniquely positioned to accelerate the game industry’s transformation to cloud-based gaming, thanks to decades of experience developing category-defining titles (Halo, Forza, Minecraft, Flight Simulator), operating our Xbox gaming platform and reliably delivering the Azure global cloud infrastructure, which features pre-built gaming services. #Xbox #MicrosoftGaming #DeveloperTools #GEOjobs #GEOLATAM
- As a member of the team, you will use your social skills to collaborate with internal and external game developers and partners.
- You will design, build, test, debug and ship a quality service code that is used by 100s of millions of users.
- Develop new online services and integrate them into multiple platforms.
- Have the opportunity to solve complex problems that allow for innovative features across multiple devices and services.
- You will be an active participant in a community of creativity, inclusion, and respect.
- You will be part of a world class engineering team dedicated to the delivery of highly available and reliable 24x7 services.
- 5 years experience delivering quality software within a professional organization.
- 4 years programming in one or more of C#, C, C++, Java
- Expertise with RESTful APIs, services and cloud storage technologies
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, threading, synchronization.
- You are an ambitious teammate who is passionate about learning, sharing knowledge, and making your teammates successful.
- You are creative and have strong design, development and collaboration skills.
- 2 years programming with .NET Framework or .NET CORE
- Expertise with one or more of Kubernetes, Linux, Azure or AWS
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- And we would love to hear about your consistently positive performance history.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.