Scheduling Engineer - Pipeline (Iquique)
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Energy; Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation, and sustainability, and our covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
QB2 is an open pit operation which leaches the ore to produce copper cathodes via processing in an SX-EW plant. It is located in the Tarapaca Region, at an altitude of 4,400 meters above sea level and approximately 240 kilometers southeast of the city of Iquique.
Project considers the construction of a concentrator plant near the mine; a tailings deposit; a pipeline for the transportation of copper concentrate; a desalination plant supplying sea water - which will be sent by an aqueduct to the concentrator and facilities for the reception, filtering and shipment of the concentrate in the Patache Norte sector, south of Iquique.
Performs schedule development, maintenance, and monitoring activities. Supports project organizational and administrative activities when delegated. Supervises planning/scheduling activities when delegated. Ensures work is completed as scheduled. Identifies schedule-associated cost trends for management attention.
- Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives technical guidance and operational supervision from designated supervisory personnel.
- Supervision Exercised
- Provides technical and operational direction to assigned personnel, when delegated.
- Maintains relationships with project personnel, particularly with individual discipline group leaders and engineers, in the home office and at jobsite(s).
- Prepares project control plans and detailed staffing utilization plans for discipline or specialty activities.
- Assists in preparing schedule data for proposals or contract negotiations.
- Participates in developing and presenting training classes on designated subjects and on-the-job training for specific processes and practices.
- Performs personnel performance reviews when delegated. Interviews candidates and makes recommendations for employment decisions.
- Ascertains that the correct scope of work is reflected on all schedules.
- Integrates interdiscipline schedule requirements and constraints to establish logical work sequences for assigned disciplines or specialties. Works with the performing organizations and units to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan.
- Establishes and implements methods for determining activity durations within assigned disciplines or specialties.
- Develops quantity release or installation curves for assigned disciplines or specialties. Reviews and evaluates quantity records to ensure total quantities are represented for a particular discipline or specialty. Develops required jobhour expenditure for assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in determining leveling decisions. Performs quantity, manpower, and cost resource loading for assigned schedules. Performs invoice preparation for payments based on cost loaded schedules as required. Performs performance monitoring and control functions.
- Reviews schedule data, and identifies and acquires the information needed to complete work logics to interface between assigned disciplines or specialties. Assists in developing specific project codes of accounts and work breakdown structures, and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions.
- Determines critical-path activities for assigned discipline or specialties, and identifies significant activities supporting interdiscipline requirements. Identifies critical path for discipline or specialty work activities.
- Develops and monitors short term (2-4 week) engineering and/or construction schedules.
- Monitors schedule deviation for assigned disciplines or specialties including subcontractor submittals, and recommends corrective action/workaround solutions for project considerations.
- Develops and writes the schedule commentary that appears in the monthly progress and similar reports.
- Identifies and reports activities that have a critical or potential impact on the schedule, and prepares and presents the Schedule Impact Report (CIAR).
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, which include schedule development, control, and analysis, in the field and the home office.
Knowledge of supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel.
Skilled in oral and written communication.
Proficiency in using PC operating systems and several basic software applications. Proficiency in using multiple discipline-specific software applications currently used by Bechtel (e.g., PCWorks, Primavera, and Microsoft Project).
Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel.
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
All applicants must have the right to work and remain in Chile.
Position for Quebrada Blanca Fase 2 Project Iquique, Port, Pipeline or Concentrator, Chile. With the purpose of being accredited to perform in the field, the position will begin in Santiago until receiving the corresponding authorization and then will move to the field as soon as possible to join the respective shift.
Salary will be based on current market rates and the posted grade will not be adjusted to suit the successful candidate.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to [email protected] or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a [email protected] para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.