Project Quality Manager
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what costumers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is seeking a Project Quality Manager for the Mining & Metals team, based in Chile. The position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and verifying the implementation of the quality activities of designated portions of a larger project within a quality functional or project assignment. Manages and coordinates the project quality program/plan activities associated with one or more functions in engineering, environmental, procurement, contracting, construction, testing, pre-ops, operations and decommissioning of a project. May maintain client liaison and communication for project quality activities. Advises management of project quality problems and progress.
The Project Quality Manager is principally responsible for:
- Directs quality activities on a project, communicating with engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, administrative services, testing, pre-ops, operations, decommissioning, and other project personnel to ensure management goals and objectives are met.
- Coordinates the preparation of and establishes the quality program/plan within the project.
- Reviews and approves quality‑related procedures prepared on the project to ensure compliance with the project quality program/plan.
- Trains quality personnel assigned to the project.
- Coordinates, supervisors, and/or participates in the project auditing and monitoring program to verify the effectiveness of the project quality program/plan.
- Recommends actions to project personnel to correct observed quality deficiencies.
- May maintain client liaison and communication for project quality-related activities.
- May represent the project during quality assurance audits conducted by the client, management, or regulatory agencies.
- Reviews project schedules for quality‑related activities to ensure timely and effective implementation of the project quality plan requirements.
- Identifies quality problems, initiates documented action, and verifies implementation of solutions. Manage the project corrective action system.
- Initiates and/or coordinates stop-work action, when warranted.
- Forecasts job hours and monitors charges to the project quality budget.
- May initiate project quality staffing requirements and budgets for approval.
- Prepares reports on the effectiveness of the quality program/plan implementation.
Qualifications and Skills
The Project Quality Manager shall be knowledgeable and/or experienced in:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, AND specialized courses in engineering, quality, personnel administration or a specialized discipline, and practical work experience in fields of engineering, environmental science, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, or business administration.
- Technical knowledge in the application of engineering, environmental science, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning practices sufficient to comprehend specified engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, decommissioning, and regulatory requirements.
- Broad knowledge of the quality principles and their application to engineering, environmental, procurement, construction, testing, operations, or decommissioning.
- Knowledge of the application of corrective actions to reconcile nonconforming conditions.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and functions which impact the quality program/plan.
- Proficiency in oral and written communications.
- Proficiency in providing direction and on-the-job training to assigned personnel.
- Some proficiency in managing financial performance.
- Proficiency in the use of applicable computer programs.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to [email protected] or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a [email protected] para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.