Flotation Area Superintendent (Salamanca)
Descripción del Puesto
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Bechtel is seeking a Flotation Area Superintendent for the Mining & Metals team, based in Chile. The position will be responsible for supervising and directing operations within the assigned discipline or area. Supervises and directs craft activities, subordinate superintendents and others, as assigned. Ensures assigned construction operations and subcontractors performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budgets. Performs general functions inherent in all supervisory field positions.
The Flotation Area Superintendent is principally responsible for:
- Responsible for field construction operations within assigned discipline or area.
- Determines workforce requirements. Coordinates established area operational plans. Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft. Monitors work activities and ensure the quality of work performed.
- Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
- Approves craft time records using established automated tools.
- Prepares reports and forecasts, including a summary of construction progress, craft personnel forecasts, and expenditures forecast.
- Monitors tool usage on the site. Prepares Field Material Requisitions for tools and consumables and ensures that the crafts have the tools they require to be productive.
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Responsible for the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures and instructions within assigned operations.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas and clients’ resident representatives, as instructed by construction management.
- Performs employee reviews and identifies training and development opportunities for subordinate personnel.
- Ensures that Bechtel and local/national safety codes, requirements and standards are being complied with within the assigned area of responsibility. Ensures the Zero Accident Philosophy is incorporated into every aspect of construction operations. Actively participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- Implements Six Sigma tools, analysis, and decision-making in the execution of duties.
Qualifications and Skills
The Flotation Area Superintendent shall be knowledgeable and/or experienced in:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline, or specialized courses in construction technology and management, and/or prior practical work experience leading to a thorough understanding of the knowledge described above.
- Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s Zero Accident Philosophy.
- Knowledge of the Project ES&H Handbook, the Supervisors ES&H Manual, the Project Safety Management Plan and the Bechtel Core Processes.
- Knowledge of the Six Sigma program tools and methodologies.
- Knowledge of supervisory functions relating to field activities.
- Knowledge of Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPPs).
- Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current Bechtel Standard Application Program (BSAP) standards.
- Demonstrated leadership in a team-based environment.
- Knowledge of the use of subcontracts, and the contractor and subcontractor’s responsibilities contained in subcontract documents.
- Experience working with, supervising and administering subcontractors and/or Direct Hire workforce.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with a disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to [email protected] or call +1-800-749-2372 for assistance. Determinations on request for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Juntos formando el mañana
Bechtel es una de las empresas de ingeniería, construcción y gestión de proyectos más respetadas a nivel mundial. Junto con nuestros clientes, entregamos proyectos emblemáticos que fomentan el progreso y el crecimiento económico a largo plazo. Desde 1898, hemos completado más de 25.000 proyectos extraordinarios en 160 países de los siete continentes. Operamos a través de cuatro unidades de negocios globales: Infraestructura; Nuclear, Seguridad y Medio Ambiente; Energía; y Minería y Metales. Nuestra empresa y nuestra cultura se basan en más de un siglo de liderazgo y una adherencia incesante a nuestros valores, cuyo núcleo son la seguridad, la calidad, la ética y la integridad. Estos valores son lo que creemos, lo que esperamos, lo que entregamos y lo que vivimos.
Bechtel es un empleador que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados para su contratación sin distinción de raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad y expresión de género, edad, nacionalidad, discapacidad, estado de ciudadanía (según lo autorice la ley), estatus militar, información genética y cualquier otra característica protegida por la ley federal, estatal o local.
Postulantes en situación de discapacidad, que requieran de ajustes razonables para cualquier etapa del proceso de reclutamiento y contratación, pueden enviar su solicitud por correo electrónico a [email protected] para recibir apoyo. Determinaciones referentes a los requerimientos de ajustes razonables serán revisados caso a caso.