Craft Recruitment Specialist 1 1
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers' objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values - ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation, and sustainability, and our covenants - integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
The purpose of Craft Recruitment Specialists responsible for assists the Labor Relations Representative or Manager in the performance of the Recruiting function on or for benefit of a field project, including construction, maintenance, and operations project, or participates in Recruiting systems implementation in an office/field location. Performs duties related to craft recruiting, wage bulletins, work rules, employment laws, craft training, and labor relations orientation.
- Attends meetings with Bechtel’s clients, business development, construction, and global business units to participate in discussions and implementation of core Workforce Services Recruiting, Payroll, and Timekeeping systems on projects.
- Assists with the development and presentation of systems training programs for all end users on a field project.
- Performs research and develops statistical information and studies on issues such as productivity, labor union, or construction industry trends and practices.
- Assists with the implementation of Jobsite Diversity and Inclusion goals.
- Develops knowledge of the practical application of labor laws, equal employment/affirmative action legislation, and related government policies.
- Creates, analyzes, and supports proposals for improvements in Workforce Services processes and policies.
- Prepares databases and design templates that contribute to the implementation of Human Resources systems.
- Designs flowcharts and presentations related to new/current work processes in Workforce Services.
- Plans and monitors work team activities to achieve Workforce Services objectives.
- Maintains, monitor, and manage work package documentation in digital folders.
- Prepares reports on the fulfillment of objectives, work packages, and others related to management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations, Labor Relations or any other related to the role
- Minimum 5 years of Recruiting or related HR experience for an EPC/EPCM company.
- Intermediate knowledge of Recruiting functions on field projects or in an office environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of labor and employment laws and legislation related to hiring practices.
- Previous experience in coordinating continual improvement projects for internal customers and employee populations.
- Ability to communicate with intermediate fluency in English (Written and Spoken) via digital platforms with international project teams – could be negotiated depending on skill level and degree of fluency
- General knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems for craft personnel and non-manual employees
- Experience in researching and developing reports and collecting statistical data.
- Demonstrated skill in requirements analysis, work processes, spreadsheets, and flowcharts applications.
- Desirable Bechtel or JV partner experience as well as knowledge of construction practices as performed by Bechtel
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.